What could be termed as a serious allegation, Maharashtra’s Home Minister Anil Deshmukh has claimed that some political parties are misusing the Sushant Singh Rajput’s death for their political benefits. At a time when Bihar is headed for assembly elections, such claims by an NCP leader cannot be ignored.
Anil Deshmukh on Sunday, August 2, once again rejected the demand for a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) inquiry into Sushant Singh Rajput’s death case. He wrote on Twitter that even though the family of the deceased actor has filed the FIR in Bihar, the Bihar Police has no role to play in this investigation. He also said that the responsibility lies with the Mumbai Police to carry out the investigation and it is doing so in a most professional manner.
However, contrary to Anil Deshmukh’s claims, the allegations on Mumbai Police for not conducting the probe professionally is increasing day by day.
In the latest controversy, the ambulance driver has been found claiming that he brought down the body of Sushant Singh Rajput in front of the Mumbai Police. This statement contradicts that claims made so far by Sushant’s ‘good friend’ Siddharth Pithani. Siddharth, in his statement to Mumbai Police, had said that he brought the body down and then informed the police and the family about the incidence.
Meanwhile, Bihar Police is conducting the probe in Mumbai. It has focused its investigation on the alleged suicide of Disha Saliyan, the former manager of Sushant who died a week before Sushant’s death.
On the other hand, the Bihar Police are also trying to locate actress Rhea Chakraborty. Rhea is the prime accused in Sushant’s death case. She is reported to be absconding from her Shanta Cruz residence along with her family members.
Unfortunately, in all these efforts, the Bihar Police is not getting any support from the Mumbai Police.