Health

Kejriwal says lockdown won’t be extended in Delhi

Putting a brake on all the speculations of Lockdown extension in Delhi, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has clarified that there are no such plans. Shortly after coming out of the All-Party meeting called by Home Minister Amit Shah, Kejriwal put out a tweet where he said lockdown will not be extended in Delhi anymore.

“Many people are speculating whether another lockdown in Delhi is being planned. There are no such plans,” Arvind Kejriwal tweeted.

Due to the uncontrolled spike in the number of COVID cases in the National Capital Territory, people were asking the government to extend the lockdown by at least 15 days. People also suggested for a week-long complete curfew in the city to break the chain of Coronavirus.

This demand further aggravated when Delhiā€™s Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia put out the calculations of the increase of COVID cases in the state. He said that by the end of July 2020 there will be more than 5 lakh cases. Clearly, if that happens there will not be any hospital bed left to treat the patients.

Delhi has more than 41,000 COVID-19 cases and is the third worst hit in the country. There have been over 1,300 deaths in the city so far. Shops and markets started operating from June 8 as the government announced the unlock phases.

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button