Bihar Police cannot investigate Sushant Singh Rajput’s death case, says Maharashtra’s Minister
The Maharashtra Government is busy creating new controversies every day in the Sushant Singh Rajput death case. On July 29, the government announced that it will not refer the case to the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI). And now on July 30, one of Maharashtra’s minister claims that Bihar Police cannot investigate Sushant Singh Rajput’s death case in Mumbai without permission. Minister of state for home (rural) Shambhuraj Desai said that Mumbai Police is capable enough to investigate the case.
Apparently, an FIR was lodged by Sushant’s father KK Singh in Patna accusing Sushant’s girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty for abetment of suicide. A team of Patna Police has already reached Mumbai to investigate the case. However, officials from the Mumbai Police have denied their cooperation to the Bihar Police.
Technically, it is the Bihar Police that has the right to investigate the case as the FIR was filed in Bihar. The case that the Mumbai Police is investigating is based on the Accidental Death Report (ADR). Since there was no formal complaint registered by anyone with Mumbai Police in Sushant Singh Rajput’s death, the FIR registered with Bihar Police becomes the first formal complaint in this case.
The Bihar Police have requested their counterpart in Mumbai to hand over all the details related to the matter. It has sought custody of all the evidence as well as statements made by various personalities.
The Mumbai Police has so far interrogated 39 persons related to this case. The list of persons questioned by Mumbai Police includes Mahesh Bhatt, Sanjay Leela Bhansali, Shekhar Kapur, Apoorva Mehta, and others.
Sushant Singh Rajput was found dead on June 14 in his Bandra residence. The Mumbai Police, without conducting any investigation, had declared it a suicide.